Napping with the Cat

Precise and Accurate Ramblings (more or less) from N37˚45.201 W122˚26.847 (more or less)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Just Say No

Tuesday night we took a trip to LuLu. Nice restaurant. Good food. Well, I guess. I asked to have green olives (which they do have) added to the cheese and tomato pizza I was ordering. Not everyone likes green olives, but they're not all that out of the ordinary on pizza.

The server returned and notified me that the chef said "no".

No.

No, customer, you cannot have green olives on your pizza. Yes, we have them, but no, we won't put them on your pizza.

No.

No.

To the server's credit she returned to the kitchen and spoke with the chef. I did, after a LONG wait, receive my pizza which did, in fact, have green olives on it. I figure the wait was one way (at least) the chef was expressing his displeasure.

I'll be making another trip. To OpenTable.com to edit my profile and remove LuLu as a favorite. I suspect I won't be returning there. I wouldn't want to put them out or anything.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger digitic said…

    Oh MAN!!! I hate it when a favorite restaurant blows it.

    Give it another chance ... if they screw around again we can both gang up on the managers and remind them that the restaurant is there to please it's guests ... the patrons aren't there to feed some cook's flagging ego.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home